Monday, March 14, 2011

Life is MARRY!!!

Time to plan a wedding!!

As most of you know we were engaged on February 13th, Valentine's Day weekend. I had thought about our wedding day many times before so I already had a vision in my mind. Once I started mentioning my ideas to Tony, we were quickly on the same page and by the end of the day we pretty much new when, where, and what type of wedding we wanted. So the planning started quickly and we pretty much have everything in order at this point. We are having a lakeside, sunset wedding on Lake Oconee with a "Romantic Country Picnic" themed reception to follow. After preparing the details of the ceremony and deciding on most of the decorations, flowers, music, and other things I am SO excited. And I know our day will be PREFECT!! But any prayers for good weather will be appreciated. I am grateful to have my mother and his mother that love doing this sort of thing to help. He picked up his suit on Friday and after 5 short minuets in Dillard's, I found the perfect dress on Saturday. I was having a hard time not showing Tony my dress so I took it to Lindz's house to remove the temptation. Still have to get Leityn's little suit and we will all three be ready to shine!! I've made a promise to myself (and others) that I am going to treat these wedding plans and the day of the wedding just like I do our relationship and keep it simple and enjoy it to the fullest. And despite what may go wrong along the way, I know what matters the most is becoming husband and wife and all the little details will work out!

We looked at our calendar yesterday and we have a busy 2 1/2 months ahead of us, with something planned almost every weekend. But it will all be worth it in the end. I am still working on the details for summer semester at Gainesville State. I meet with my advisor this week and if all goes as planned I will start classes a week after the wedding, on June 6th. The thought of a full schedule of work, school, family, and all the in between is a bit scary but anything worth having takes a risk and hard work, so I am prepared. Hopefully we will be honeymooning on the beach the week prior to classes so I can take a deep breath and relax before it all starts.

I can honestly say God continues to bless us and our life on a daily basis. Nothing is perfect, things happen and we have to deal with life as it comes our way. But, deep in my heart I have a feeling I've never felt before. A sense of security and foundation. A passion for myself, God, my family, my friends, and most importantly the awareness for all God has given me. For the first time ever, it feels amazing to be living my dreams instead of just dreaming of them!!! :)

Thank you so much for all the well wishes and blessings you have all sent for our engagement. We are very lucky to have such wonderful family and friends.

If you haven't already, check out Our Wedding Website!

No comments:

Post a Comment