Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Thankful Heart

Don't rush into the Christmas Season,
take the time to enjoy the Season of Thanks!!

I will be adding some things my heart is thankful for throughout this week of Thanksgiving!!

 

~THANKFUL HEART DAY 1~ November 22, 2010

I am thankful for my position at Center Point. I see first hand how God is giving us all the ability to change the lives of children & do good in the community. We get 6+ weeks of paid vacation & personal days as needed. I never come to work "dreading" being there & most days are filled with joy, laughter, and friendships. I know we all generally care for one another, even if we don't always agree. We have a awesome team with the same mission: Changing Lives!

http://www.centerpointgainesville.com/


~THANKFUL HEART DAY 2~ November 23, 2010

I am thankful for all of God's natural resources & all the amazing wonders that fill this world with beauty. Plants, animals, air, fossil fuels, water, just to name a few. One of my most appreciated is COTTON. It grows around a small seed, on a plant, in the ground. Think of all our resources that contain cotton. And then there's all the places throughout the world that are so breathtaking. There's just no way you can deny that God's hand was in it. I say an extra prayer for the people that misuses these gifts, fight over these gifts, or don't recognize that these gifts are God's-not ours! 



~THANKFUL HEART DAY 3~ November 24, 2010

Today I am thankful for my Womanhood! What an amazing blessing from God it truly is to be a woman. Yes, I know I sometimes fuss about hormones and other non-exciting things that come with playing this role but when I sit and think of all the wondrous gifts being a woman brings, I am thankful. Because God made me a woman, I am also a daughter, a granddaughter, a sister, a girlfriend, an aunt, and most importantly a Mother! WOW, what an amazing experience becoming a mother has been. No other experience in my life has ever defined being a real woman as becoming a mother did for me. I think that God has a different blessing in store for woman that can’t experience this within their own bodies and that doesn’t make you any less of a woman. But for me, I was redefined, rewrote, and redirected as I experienced my first pregnancy and now raising my son. I am not a very fancy woman. I don’t wear a lot of make-up, usually never wear lipstick, and I own one pair of high heels (literally) but it is my heart and soul that makes me the real woman I am today. I am honored and blessed to not only be a woman, but a Woman of God. 

~THANKFUL HEART DAY 4~  November 24, 2010 Happy Thanksgiving!
The most obvious today is being THANKFUL for those around me. Yes, the love of my life Tony. Our amazing son Leityn. My parents & stepparents. My huge, sometimes dysfuntional family. And my very best friends. But, also my close fb friends & the people I may not see everyday or that may have come and passed, but some how left their mark on my heart. I hope that everyone will take the time today to love and cherise all the ones you are thankful for and love the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment